About Me

My photo
Currently, I'm a stay-at-home mum to an inquisitive and often rambunctious three year old girl and her sunny little brother. In a former life, I was a lawyer. I know which I prefer. On the odd occasion that I get some downtime, I knit, crochet, read, sew, sing badly, dance even more so, enjoy a glass of wine and watch bad TV, sometimes in varying combinations of the foregoing and not necessarily in that order of preference.

Wednesday 17 June 2015

Cappuccino dress

The week after we came back from holiday, I finished the cuffs and hem on my very lovely Cappuccino dress.  I'm delighted with the finished result (and the fact that it appears to wash well, since it has now survived two trips through it and is about to undergo a third).


I've worn it three times already and am planning additional versions, since it is comfortable yet, I think, looks rather stylish.

I think the only thing I'd change next time is that I might cut the hips marginally more generously.  It feels fine when I'm walking but pulls a little when I have both hands in my pockets.  Some may say that is a sign I should show better manners.  They may have a point, but an extra inch round the hips would probably stop me thinking about that.

Certainly, I feel good when I'm wearing it.  Just check that smile!


The details:
Pattern:  Cappuccino Dress & Tunic by Liesl & Co
Fabric: Cotton Poplin: Blue Green Autumnal Print and Moda Bella Solid: 17 Country Red, bought online at Backstitch - massive thanks to Lily for the excellent job colour-matching the solid for the neckline and cuffs.


No comments:

Post a Comment